
As you may know, I spent the summer volunteering at a summer program for kids (age 6-12) down in College Park, GA. This is one of the most under-served communities in all of Atlanta. The kids are amazing, and I miss spending my days with them, now that they've started back to school.A few weeks ago, just before the summer program ended, Matthew came to join us for the day, along with a bag full of science supplies (much thanks to Matthew's boss, Dr. Ford, for the generous supplies!)
We explored various sensory related experiments, measuring nerve cell density (shown here), light and color, and the mixing of various powders (flour, corn starch, baking soda, powdered sugar) with various liquids (water, mineral oil, and vinegar).
As I am sure you can imagine, mixing the vinegar and baking soda together quickly became everyone's favorite experiment.
Thank you, Dr. Matthew!




1 comment:
That looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment