Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas with Malcolm's Birth-Family

This is my first post about some very, very special people in our lives.  I would like to introduce you to an amazing young woman, named Michelle. 
 We first met her the day after Malcolm was born.  She is Malcolm's first mother, his birth mother, whom he calls "B-Ma" (which is short for "birth mother.")  We first met through the adoption agency, though I am very grateful to say that in the two years since we have developed a true friendship.  I could write a thousand pages about our love for Michelle.  Let it suffice to say that she is smart, funny, beautiful, artistic and selfless.  And we love her very dearly!
She's also an accomplished poet!  Maybe I can talk her into letting me post some of her poems here.  What do you think?

When Malcolm was born, Michelle had a one year old son.  This is Malcolm's big-brother, Nahlo.  He lives with Michelle, so we get to see him whenever we visit!  These pictures were taken at Christmas, last month.  (Nahlo on the left, Malcolm on the right.)


A year after Malcolm was born, Michelle's third son arrived.  This is Noah, Malcolm's little brother.  He lives with Michelle and Nahlo.  This picture was also taken at Christmas this year.  That's Michelle holding Noah.  You can also see Nahlo peeking out from the backseat.


Here are the three brothers together.  When we're not home visiting with them, they keep in touch by looking at pictures of each other, talking on the phone, and sending mail.  Hopefully when we finish up here in Atlanta, we can move a little bit closer to home, so that it will be easier to visit more often!  We love having such an open adoption, and knowing the Malcolm and his brothers will grow up knowing each other!

3 comments:

The Knitting Aunt said...

it's so nice to see the brothers together and what a nice photo of Michelle. Great post!

Laurie said...

What handsome, happy boys. I'm sure they bring wonderful chaos when you're together!

Anonymous said...

Ack!
I am completely spacing out about the pics I have to send you!

I am running Pre-school registration so things are getting crazy!

I will set aside a chuck of time this weekend.
I still have our own holiday pics to take care of.

We will be happy to have you guys close by again too!