Monday, August 30, 2010

The Big Ten

This morning's weigh in marked the achievement of my first major goal -- to lose 10% of my starting body weight. With a starting weight of 237 pounds, that means losing 23.7 pounds. Making my goal 213.3 pounds. I've been hovering just shy of it for the last four weeks, making barely any progress. So this past week, I pumped my week full of extra exercise and a high-fat treat on the weekend (sounds counter-intuitive, but it really helps as long as the portion size is reasonable and I have the weight watchers points to cover it.)

And . . . voila! This morning's weigh in -- 210.6 (making last week a 3.6 pound loss, nearly my best week ever) and putting my total lost at 26.4 pounds!

Now that I've met the Big 10% goal, I must consider what is to come. My final goal weight is under much debate among my healthcare professionals . . . but for now I'll set it as the heaviest among the choices -- I can always set a new goal when I get there. This makes my End Goal - 165 pounds (with options).

26.4 pounds down, 45.6 pounds to go . . . that is totally do-able! Even if my rate of loss slows (though it's only a grand average of 1.1 pounds per week since I started in May) I should still be able to achieve my End Goal by next summer. I think that's pretty exciting!


1 comment:

The Knitting Aunt said...

that is VERY exciting news! Wonderful!