We took him for x-rays yesterday, and are waiting to hear back but we can manipulate the foot and leg without any pain really so they are very confident it's a sprain. He's in the boot for a week and a half at the max, and it's just a brace to keep pressure of the ankle. I know they did some blood work on him to rule out any unlikely but still plausible diagnoses, but we haven't heard back yet so nothing to report. Really, it is likely that we are dealing with a sprain, but I thought I would flesh out T's blog post a bit to alleviate any concerns.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Re: The Boot and the Boy
OK, so T's post there was a little cryptic. The likely scenario here is that Mal sprained his ankle over the weekend. He was limping for a few days, but it didn't seem to slow him down all that much, and when it did, I suspect he was reading my concern about his movements more than he was having any physical troubles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, ow!
I hope that it is just a sprain and that it is better so no more wee walker very, very soon!!
PS my word verification was herboof. That? Is an awesome faux-word. :-D
Thank you for the fleshing out, Matt.
Hope he gets better soon!
Post a Comment