Thursday, March 4, 2010

(Guest Blogger Matthew) Passing a Bluff Check

We play a particular game a lot called "I'm Going to Get There First." The title is pretty self-explanatory but what can I say, it gets the manbeast places in a happy and fast way and has really shorted out some imminent tantrums.

Anyway we took Teresa to work this morning and we get back to the apartment complex. We're headed to our building, and once we are at the sidewalk, I initiate IGTGTF. And I'm keeping a couple paces in front of him for the stretch, as I usually do, planning on coming up slow at the end, as per usual. He's a couple paces behind and says in his "I am not having fun" voice, "No, Daddy, I have to hold your hand." I assent, slow to a walk and hold out my hand. For his part, he briefly clasps my hand before tugging back on it and rocketing forward at a full run, leaving me behind. So... hello deception.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time to put a few more ranks in Sense Motive, eh?