We're having a problem with Malcolm getting up at night ('round 3am to 4am) and coming out to the living room, booting up rock band, hauling out toys, turning on the computer. Just happy as a clam, playing as if it were 8am, and he were doing us the favor of playing peacefully so we can lay in. Except, of course, it's freakin four in the morning!!!!!? i've booby trapped the hall (think laundry basket full of spoons balanced on a box blocking the hallway, and he still makes it out without waking us up. Unplugging the TV kept him off rock band. But he climbed my desk to get my laptop down from where I hid it. I hid the laptop in our bedroom, and he went for the toy box. Grrrr. I was thinking of trying a baby gate across the hallway . . . with jingle bells attached.
I think tonight i'm going to put the dog crate sideways blocking the whole hall, then cover the top with . . . . with . . . . um . . . . tacks? No, wait, bad parenting! Not tacks . . . . glue?
Any suggestions?

No comments:
Post a Comment